Free Tip (from my book The Lush Long hair Care Guide) Try this…
Castor Oil for Hair Growth and Thickness (scroll down to see before and after photos)The Castor oil plant, Ricinus communis, is a native plant of India known as a natural source for hair and scalp health since antiquity. A natural remedy for thinning hair if used regularly to promote hair to grow healthier and thicker.
Rejuvenating Benefits of Castor Oil
Applying Castor Oil to the hair’s roots three times a week can:
- Increase hair growth (some claim it speeds up their growth)
- Thicken hair that is thinning (lessen hair shedding)
- Reduce, prevent and protect hair damage from environmental factors
- Deep condition and moisturise both hair and scalp
- Prevent dry scalp and dandruff
- Kill fungus on your scalp. Natural Antifungal and Antibacterial properties of Castor Oil protects your scalp from infections that can cause some forms of hair loss (ei-resource.org)
How Do You Use Castor Oil to Prevent Hair Loss?
Step-by-step technique for using castor oil in hair loss:
Start with wet hair, Castor oil is a humecant and will draw water from the hair in order for it to work. Castor Oil also has an incredibly thick consistency, I recommend using a mix of 50% Castor Oil and 50% Grapeseed Oil. If the smell of Castor Oil is not to your liking add a couple of drops of Lavender Oil.
- Pour a small amount of castor oil mix onto fingertips. Add more as you need it.
- Run fingertips through the roots and massage Castor Oil into scalp using circular motions.
- Apply Coconut oil to the ends of your hair to stop hair from matting.
- Optional step: wrap hair in a hot towel until it cools.
- Let the oil stay in your hair for at least half an hour. Alternatively braid/bun hair and leave in overnight.
- Shampoo hair to remove the castor oil.
- Do this 3x per week for 6-8 weeks to see the results.
After six months of regular use my hair is fuller and shiner
For more info on how to grow your hair longer and healthier, go to The Lush Long hair Care Guide